Here’s a copy of Triumph’s official press release announcing the all new Speed Triple models for 2016.
- NEW 1050cc triple engine with 104 new developments with increased torque throughout the rev range
- NEW rider-focused technology including riding modes, switchable ABS and switchable Traction Control
- NEW styling including all new twin headlamps and all new bodywork
Significantly narrower engine/radiator package giving 20mm narrower stand-over
- Brembo monoblock calipers as standard across S and R models
- R features bellypan, carbon bodywork inserts and front mudguard, billet finishers and Öhlins suspension front and rear
- Four NEW colourways – Phantom Black and Diablo Red on the Speed Triple S, Crystal White and Matt Graphite on the Speed Triple R
- Designed to be true to the Speed Triple DNA – Delivering the perfect balance of performance, handling, capability and character
Centred around a new 1050cc triple engine, the new Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R redefine the naked performance roadster. The new engine features 104 new developments that combine to deliver more power and, more importantly, more torque across the whole rev range whilst still meeting Euro 4 regulations and delivering an increase of up to 10% fuel efficiency. These developments include a new combustion chamber, new cylinder head, a new machined crank, new piston design and new ‘Ride-by-Wire’ throttle bodies. Additional developments also include a slip assist clutch, smaller, more efficient radiator and a new free-flowing exhaust that has a 70% increase in flow rate.
The NEW Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R also feature a suite of rider-focused technology. Among the features that add to the Speed Triple’s performance and capability are a new ECU coupled to a new adjustable Ride-by-Wire throttle with selectable throttle maps that increase the feel, responsiveness and control. There are now 5 distinct riding modes to choose from: Road, Rain, Sport, Track and a new Rider Configurable mode, that all allows the rider to set-up the motorcycle to the optimum performance relative to road conditions or environment.
Key to the new Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R is the aggressive, athletic styling and a narrow, focused design. A low, lithe stance is accentuated by sleek new bodywork and a completely new, Daytona 675R-inspired, tailpiece. All of which has been achieved without losing any of the naked minimalist beauty that is synonymous with the Speed Triple.
The new Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R redefine the Speed Triple legend – delivering the perfect balance of power, handling, capability and character in two new performance roadsters designed for maximum fun and maximum thrills with maximum attitude.
Call our sales team on 01784 420421 (Ashford) or 01708 752111 (Romford) for more information on the new 2016 Triumph Speed Triple range or to pre-order your new bike.
|Follow us on:|